Monday, September 05, 2005

Volleyball Tournament!!!!!

Hey everyone!
So this morning I woke up around 9am. I did a bit of homework and got ready for the day. I walked to the Union to get some moolah from the ATM and then got lunch from Subway. At 1pm I headed over to the Illini Grove for the Illini Life volleyball tournament. There are 6 people at least per team...but there were only five of us at the moment. Laura, Allison, Jeff, Clay, and me. Then this kid Ben that we met Friday night practicing volleyball showed up and so did Matt. Ben has a wicked serve and rocks at volleyball. We played in our own pool, we beat the first team with a close score. The next two teams we played we won 15-4. We were dominating. We had the first seed in the 2nd round, because we were undefeated and we had won by so many points. The 2nd round is like playoffs, you're out once you lose. We played the first team we played in round one. Things weren't looking so good we were down 5-9. Then suddenly we totally rallied and won 15-12. We had proven ourselves. We made it to the semifinals but unfortunately lost 8-15. But we got 4th place out of 17 teams! Our team name was "Clobbergobbers," we took a team picture. (From left to right: Matt, Jeff, Laura, Clay, ME, Ben, and Allison).

Afterwards I went home and showered and then went to a barbecue at the outpost. I was pretty early, so a lot of people weren't there. I asked the boys if I could do anything to help. Then I was eyeing their kitchen......it was quite dirty. I couldn't help it. I asked Clay if I could clean the kitchen and he said sure, he wouldn't mind. So I unloaded their dishwasher, put dirty dishes in the dishwasher, and then cleaned the counters and stove. There was old dried food on the stove, it was so yucky. But I couldn't help it. Their kitchen is definitely improved. Then I chowed down and conversed with Allison, Heather, and Laura. There were bunches of people we didn't know from the graduate student I-team. I decided to leave early, since classes are tomorrow. Right when I got home, Kim and Janice were unloading their car and I got two bags from my parents. One was all my Calculus stuff, and another was a care package of bunches of goodies! It made me sooooooooooo happy! These m'n'm cookies my mother made are spectacular! Well I'm gonna work on some calc work! Oh and there's also a picture of the people who went to Baton Rouge to help clean up the mess. Three of them are from my I-team: The guy in the lime green teeshirt in the middle is Mike and his wife to the right of him in the red shirt is Erin. And Matt is wearing white backwards cap. Those are my I-teamers! Pray for the whole group! If you wanna read about the story of these folks go here: http://www.illinilife.org/ for the story. At the SNG service, we raised $650 towards Hurricane Katrina Relief!
Good night!

Rach

1 Comments:

Blogger rachymayes said...

who is gamepower?

11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home