Saturday, August 27, 2005

Two Fun-Filled Days...In only ONE blog!

Hi y'all!
It's been a busy past two days. Thursday morning, I slept in, got at least 8 hours of sleep. Then did a bit of studying and then went to work in the Dining Hall. I was the Beverage/Silverware person. I make sure that there's enough beverages, and refill any drink that's empty. I also refill the silverware, and sort the silverware after it's washed. It's not to bad of a job! Then I went to my class Biology of Human Behavior, quite interesting, I knew someone in my class, Erin Fox, we were stand partners in orchestra my Sophomore and Junior year of high school! After that, I came back home......wow I don't remember what I did next..oh wait! I remember. Kim Ruelo, Ashley, and I went to CRCE and worked out. Kim showed us how to do the "8 minute abs" i can definitely feel it today!!!!!! After that we ate dinner, since our metabolism was still running we'd burn the food off! Then I went to the Fall Rally for Illini Life. I met a bunch of people, some I already knew from previous years also. I met my "away from home" parents, Erin and Mike, they may be my I-Team leaders. They're cool, but they're only 3 years older than me so they really aren't my parents. Oh, a shout out to my real parents, no one could ever replace you guys, you folks are absolutely amazing!!!!!!! I ended up sitting in between Erin and Mike (the married couple), that's when I felt like their kid, ha! Root beer floats, and more meeting people and socializing continued after..........yeah......that's pretty much all that happened that dayyyyy. Friday....was a busy day. I had a class at 9am, then I worked from 11am to 1230 pm, then a class followed at 1pm, math 230. I didn't learn integration by parts.....but the professor definitely went over it in 20 minutes. Anyone with advice on integration by parts......I'd greatly appreciate it! Astronomy followed at 2pm. Then at 3pm I headed back to the dorm and practiced my violin for my audtion......only later at 4:10pm approximately I only played one page of the 3.5 page concerto for my audition. Another thing, by playing my own piece and not the audition materials, I cannot be in the UI Symphony (top orchestra).......yeah, didn't know that. Oh, well, I just like to play the violin, it doesn't matter what orchestra I'm in, as long as its praising the name of GOD! Then at 4:45pm Momsy and Popsicle ("Wicked" fans know that reference) showed up from Tennessee, Matt drove over and we went to Fazoli's for dinner. Matt was very mentally exhausted from work...so if any of you who reads this (was that grammatically correct) sees Matt...give him a big snuggly HUG!!!!!!!! Then off to the House Parties. One was at the "outpost" and the other at the "dawg haus" (i dunno how to spell it). The outpost offered DDR, and the dawg haus offered karaoke. It was fun, not only meeting new people, but hanging out with others and forming friendships. I play a game of Imagine If...with some peeps. I did do DDR, once with Erin and Mike. I'm bad at DDR, I'll proudly say it!!! Then a bunch of peeps went to the dawg house for a short while. Then Ty and I walked back to the outpost to put away the DDR, Ty is so nice introducing me to all these people. I played another round of DDR with Matt, put it away and then went BACK to the dawg house. I talked with more peeps......and now...I'm here. So I definitely had a fun-filled night, I did not get home til 12:30 AM..........woah!!! And now I'm writing this blog....and it's 1:47 AM. I need sleep, but I just ate some yummy chocolate and fudge. Tomorrow....sleep in, do laundry, do homework, work out, I-life. I'll tell ya about it tomorrow after I actually accomplish these tasks. Goodnight!

CTU Agent Ahrens

2 Comments:

Blogger rachymayes said...

MOM?!?! are you momsy? did you just create this today??? or maybe this is someone else, oops! "Peeps" are people!

1:44 PM  
Blogger rachymayes said...

mom, you should create your own blog too!

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home