Saturday, September 03, 2005

Big Volleyball Improvements!

Happy Friday!
It's so wonderful to have a three day weekend. I had a class at 9am in the armory. Then I worked from 10:55-12:30pm...it was busy, I was working the hotline and beverage/silverware. In Calc my prof told us he would be in Austria for a week, so we wouldn't have any calc classes the week of the 12th-16th...woohoo!!!!!!! After Astronomy I decided to work out for a while. I lifted some weights and did a bit of cardio, it felt good. I went to dinner with Reika (my floor neighbor) and her friend Robin. In the Busey dining hall I recognized a guy who was in the Philharmonia Orchestra playing the trombone. I introduced myself and Paul (the trombone player) and his friend sat with us girls. After dinner Clay picked me up and we hit the sand volleyball courts to put in some practice before the big Illini Life volleyball tournament. At first I was the only girl and we played against these Brazilian guys, it was intimidating. Then Erin and Mike came and I walked with Erin over to the football stadium for the marching band's "Hat and Scats" (is that what its called) night..pretty much their practice before the football game. It was kinda cool to sit in an empty stadium and see the marching band at work! Afterwards we went back to the volleyball courts and joined the rest of the I-lifers playing volleyball. Erin and Mike left, but four other guys joined us. It was so much fun. Going on a tangent, on one play the ball went out of bounds and I went to get it and saw this hhhhhhuuuugggeeeeeee cockroach and I said "ummm theres this really big bug" and all of the sudden all of the guys ran over to the beetle and suddenly we weren't playing volleyball for the moment...haha...the attention getters of boys! But I improved sooooo much. Even Clay said I improved "more than a little bit" woohoo! I was one of the star servers! We played until 11pm, when the lights turned off. When I got back I took a shower cause I was soooo sandy! And not I'm watching "Forest Gump." I can't wait to sleep in tomorrow!!!

Rach

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home