Wednesday, August 24, 2005

let me remember what I did yesterday...

Sorry I didn't post yesterday, but yesterdays post, I'm posting this morning before my first class. Yesterday...oh yeah, I had to take a Spanish proficiency test at Foellinger Hall at 8 in the morning. I took an online test to place me in a Spanish class (pointless cause I'm done with spanish), but then to get credit/hours I had to take this test yesterday morning. Well...half of the test was exactly what I took online. Hmm....doesn't make sense. Then I worked in the dining hall from 10:55 to 12:30. I was in the dishroom, which was surprisingly fun! When you're cleaning dishes with other people, it's fun. My mother and father cannot complain that since I'm at college I don't have to wash the dishes...believe me I was A LOT of dishes! After that I went to Quad Day. I saw the Illini Life booth, Ty Grigg (my brother, Jared's, good friend). Then I actually did nothing for the rest of the afternoon. For dinner we had a bunch of girls from the floor come down to eat together. Earlier that day, I got an invitation to go to InterVarsity and Campus Crusade. I didn't know which one to go to. But I felt led to go to Cru, because I would not know anyone and be forced out of my comfort zone. The girl who led us to Cru was Becky, she was really nice. For any Sig Ep guys reading this, I saw some of your friends at Cru. I saw a guy wearing a Sig Ep t-shirt, and just said I was Matt Ahrens' sister. Apparently there were three guys from Sig Ep: Micah, Justin, John. That definitely commented on how Matt Ahrens was so cool. I feel proud. Cru was refreshing to be in community with other Christians. After that I called Ty to meet with some Illini Life people at the Quad (there was a movie in the quad). The movie was "The Hitchhikers Guide to Reality" i think. I didn't watch it cause Yvonne called. Then Angela Sangha called. So I had a jam packed night. So I better dry my hair and get ready. I'm not nervous for classes, but now college is becoming reality. And it's weird, and it kind of makes me a little homesick. I can't wait to get involved in a Christian Fellowship. I feel like im out in the air and I need to grab on to what I need spiritually to keep me grounded. Well I'll post later about my first day of classes. BYE!

Rach

1 Comments:

Blogger matt said...

i paid those guys to tell you i'm cool. it was totally worth the $100.

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home