Wednesday, August 24, 2005

First day of classes...and more!

Well, let's see. Since my roommate had a earlier class than me she woke up around 7am. I rose from my sleep at approximately 7:38am. I got ready for school (ha--but its not reallly school. School consists of going into one building for 8 hours taking classes you don't really need to take. So I got ready for my first class). I walked over extra early for my first class: Macroeconomic Principles (ECON 103) in Foellinger auditorium. I was definitely walking in style with my messenger bag and my iPod, I was listening to the song "In Christ Alone" (an amazing song!) WOW! There were sooooooo many students...like..600!!!!!!!!!!!!! The professor talked about the class...it was quite boring! So there really wasn't homework assigned, but there's reading to keep up with. Afterwards I walked home (listening to "Marvelous Light" by Charlie Hall). Then I got home (what's this?--I'm already calling my dorm room my home, and I'm still kinda homesick), and then went out to lunch just around the corner with Ty and his gf Laura. Ty and I talked a lot about Colorado, since he was in Estes Park for the first time this past July with LT, and I was there on vacation. Apparently he hiked Long's Peak...the summit!!! I definitely feel like I'm getting involved in Illini Life, just by meeting Laura and hanging out with her and Ty. Afterwards I went back to my dorm room and started taking notes on Chapter 1 of my ECON book. At 12:30 I headed over to the Henry Administration Building to room 148 for MATH 230 Honors. He was nice and funny, and assured us we will think he is crazy. The class was small, only 28ish students. After that I headed to the Chemistry Annex for ASTR 100: Perspectives in Astronomy. The professor is Indian, with a pretty thick accent...hmm...oh well I guess I'll just have to read the book then (haha, just kidding, I was planning on reading anyway). Then I worked on reading....while watching tv with Ashley, probably not a good habit. After dinner I did a bit more hw, and then headed to CRCE with Ashley for our intense workout. I'm tired right now. So I had my first day of college classes, and I succeeded and made it through. Tomorrow I work in the dining hall from 10:55-12:30, then run over to Foellinger for Biology of Human Behavior (HDFS 143) at 1pm, and then I'm done for the day. I'm out.

Rach

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home