Tuesday, August 23, 2005

First Day of Work...and Convocation Events

Well...I made the mistake of going to bed too late last night, because I had work at 7:15 this morning. My alarm clock went off at approximately 6:30 in the morning. I have this strategy...I place my clock on the dresser at the foot of my bed that way I have to get up to turn it off. That way I don't run the risk of oversleeping....I slipped into that habit a few times towards the end of my senior year of high school. I put on my Dining Services uniform and hat, and head all the way downstairs at 7 in the morning for work! Not many people come to breakfast at Busey in general, so it wasn't busy. I was working under Janice Ruelo, who is my supervisor and friend from E-town. My manager, Ginny, also taught me how to make omlets. She's so nice and warm and welcoming! Then I came back to my room......logged onto my Registration and Records and found that I was able to switch a class in order to take an honors section of a math class (it's a lllllllooooonnnnnnnnggggg story). But anyway I was able to switch my schedule so that my earliest class is 9AM on friday. I was able to drop a night class and returned to books and saved a whole bunch of money. Next were convocation activities. First was a pointless College Event for LAS, the advertising led on it was important, but it was only "get to know people" games....however the speaker system was so echoey we could not hear the directions, therefore we didn't know how to play the games. Then off to Assembly Hall for the Convocation. The chancellor is different than I expected. I thought he was a serious and not fun guy, but he seemed pretty fun...referencing to his iPod and facebook.com. The speaker was Gandhi's grandson, that was cool. We went to memorial stadium for free hot dogs, burgers, chips, pop, and cookies. After that I talked to my mom and pops on the phone. I worked out at CRCE with some of my neighbor friends who are funny and cool. And now I'm here writing my blog, with my roommate no where to be seen, I have no idea where she is, hehe. Oh, and I'm watching "Everybody Loved Raymond" while my door is open. HAHA, good times. Well, tomorrow is another day. Feel free to comment on my blogs!

Rach

4 Comments:

Blogger matt said...

did you go down the sweet waterslide at CRCE? i'm so jealous that CRCE is so awesome now. all it was for me was a gym and a few exercise bikes. you kids are so spoiled these days.

10:45 PM  
Blogger rachymayes said...

Bensheets--> I unfortunately did not go down the sweet waterslide. I went on the glider for 10 minutes, then went on a bike for 5 minutes only cause i was interrupted by my new busey friends who were gonna lift waits, so i lifted waits!

the_dude: i was just in the bathroom getting ready for bed and was talking to a girl about math and how i was taking the honors section, and she said she heard its really hard, so im kinda nervous. i might need my brother's help!

11:31 PM  
Blogger J.T. - said...

Rach, you also might want to ask your brother about lifting "waits". Ask him both about the spelling and about the mechanics of becoming a super-human muscular phenom.

Sweet blog, Rach

12:22 PM  
Blogger philthy said...

Rachel, I expect you to swipe me in next time I'm in Champaign. For some reason I miss Chomps

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home