Tuesday, September 20, 2005

God's Mightiness!

Sunday morning I slept in, since I was behind on my z's. I woke up around 11:15am, it felt really nice to get a lot of sleep. Then Kim and I walked over to St. John's church because Kim had to do a photography project where she photographs things that portray reconciliation. She took pictures of me reconciling with God. Well I found out this morning (Monday) that the pictures didn't turn out and that we had to do it again. So we went to the church again to take pictures. I thought this time I could really focus on being a girl who was broken and empty, longing for the love of God. It was quite difficult, because when we went to take the pictures there were a lot more people praying, so we had to get permission from the priest and go on a side isle. I will post the pictures once I get them. Hopefully they will turn out, I'm excited to see them! Earlier today in Econ 103, a big hairy and huge spider almost attacked my foot (not really) but I defended myself and squashed it. It was absolutely terrifying!!!!! Oh wait, I have an even more terrifying story that happened when Kim and I were walking home from going to St. John's for the second time. The weather was quite eerie, it was very dark. We walked on a sidewalk that went behind Foellinger Audition. When we got right next to the Bevier Building by Goodwin St. we saw some guys looking at the sky. So Kim and I looked at the sky, it was freaky!! There were dark clouds moving very quickly towards the Southeast. But silly Kim and I just watched and Kim took cool pictures. After about a minute or two, we look down the sidewalk of the way we came and heard a big gust of wind coming, and saw people running, so Kim and I decided to get outta there. We crossed Goodwin, yet stopped about 4 feet short of the sidewalk because the gust of wind caught up to us and was so powerful. There were two trees 30 feet in front of us on either side of the sidewalk, and the wind sure did rock them, they definitely were bowing to the ground. Suddenly a huge, thick, and heavy branch fell in the middle of the sidewalk, where we would have been if we kept running. Kim and I were so terrified, we sprinted for our lives for the back entrance of Busey. It was seriously so scary! I felt like I was in a horror movie, where everyone was running from the disaster. God sure can show his mightiness in scary ways!!! Well I better get some shut eye. Hey if you are reading this, leave me a comment! I like getting comments and I don't get many of them. So if you read this, you are now obligated to leave a comment, HA! Goodnight!

Rach

2 Comments:

Blogger Valerie said...

i'm leaving you a comment!

i missed you at church this week pumpkin... you slacker! call me sometime and we'll continue our work on getting you to stop apologizing!!

love ya love!

2:40 AM  
Blogger Cap'n A-Hab said...

YO...this is acomment. I'm glad you're alive. Sounds like it was quite the intense time...too bad I was napping throughout most of it. The wind woke me up though. Way to not even mention watching the Packers game on your Sunday...j/k

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home