Sunday, August 21, 2005

Moving In



Hello all.
I was thinking it would be nice to have an online way to talk about my college days so that my family and friends can read about it. So, with influence from my younger older brother, Matt, I have created this blog (since he has a wonderful blog also). This is how I will share with you my many neat college experiences. For those of you who are not familiar with the tv show called "24," you may not understand the reference I am about to make in the following sentence. This is CTU field agent Ahrens, on a mission on college campus. In the words of my sister-in-law, I am a warrior or agent fighting to have an impact of eternal significance in the lives of those I see everyday. That is my purpose. To reach out to people and love them and show them who Jesus is. I ask for all your prayers, to help me through. There will be a battle, a spiritual battle.
So today is my third day as a college student. To be honest, it's tough. I feel things I never thought I'd feel. I never thought I'd feel homesick and miss my parents so much. It's hard, I just wanna skip the first month. I wanna meet people and form tight friendships. I've met some awesome people where I work: Dining Services, and in my dorm room. There are definitely funny and cool people around me. Today I went to Quest, my brother's church, it's an awesome church. Then I went out to lunch and then went shopping. My brother, Matt, helped me adjust my room, he is so amazing! Jared and Yvonne (brother and sister-in-law) call me everyday also, I love it when they call. I miss them so much. My roommate, Ashley, and I have recently moved around our room and are currently decorating it. This is my home now. It's hard, because it isn't my home yet. We have bunked beds, and I'm on the top bunk. I love it; it's a hiding place for me. A secret place I can go rest and meet God and talk to Him. Well, that's all I have to say for now. But please check this site every once in a while, for I will try to write as often as I can.

By His Blood,
Rachel




2 Comments:

Blogger matt said...

i'll be praying for you, rachel. let me know if i can help you in any way.

3:50 PM  
Blogger rachymayes said...

thanks matt. I appreciate you help and prayers. you are such a blessing being near to me now. love you

11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home